PDA

View Full Version : 'Database Error'

Bob Loblaw
01-07-2010, 11:59 PM
For some reason I get this often, and sometimes I have to click refresh about 20 times in a row. Glitch maybe? Anyone else having this issue?

Bob Loblaw
01-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Oops, might have posted this in the wrong section. My apologies.

Ray Mackessy
01-08-2010, 12:40 AM
Just tried to post and got a refresh notice.

Drifter
01-08-2010, 02:41 AM
I used to get them quite often. However lately, it has not been a problem for me. I do still see, now and then "server is too busy", but againg not as often as in the past.

maggid
01-08-2010, 12:14 PM
I still get them but not as often as I did a few months ago. I just got one reading this post...lol

ozark southpaw
01-08-2010, 06:53 PM
Some days I get a lot of them,other days none.Get the "Busy signal" once in a while and when that happens I usually can't get in!!

circuitjerker
01-08-2010, 09:29 PM
similar story here

Bob G
03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
OK, 'the rest of the story' follows. Upon starting this site, there was no telling if it would be 'successful' or not and just how successful it might become. Hence, in the interest of economy, we started the site/forum/chat on a shared-server hosting package.

The original intention was to use the most economical hosting service for the first year, then upgrade to more expensive services if member usage warranted that.

Well, come to find out, the site/forum/chat has been a bit more successful & faster than we'd expected or hoped for.

The chore is on the backend now. We ARE going to change to more powerful hosting service. It's just a rather LARGE chore of finding the best service provider AND to move this on the back end. It really is just a case of the 'lead butt' and need get off it & start the pesky chore of trying to move it seamlessly to a dedicated server.

Neuromancer
03-20-2010, 11:23 PM
Since I joined I only got "database error" messages occasionally...today that's all I'm getting everytime I try to access the board...

Pied_Piper
03-21-2010, 12:20 AM
I still get the database errors nearly everytime I come in here so don't worry Bob; you are not alone! I just log in again or press refresh a few times and the problem is fixed. On rare occasions, this will not work so I just quit for the day and log in the next.

Ray Mackessy
03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I still experience problems, but I'm sure things will get better once Bob G gets a new server. In the mean time I'll just keep hitting refresh and have patience. I have had problems in the past few days that when I post a reply I get a message that I have been banned or I get logged off the forum automatically. Just a few minutes ago I wrote a rather long reply in the Factory Pipes thread and got booted off automatically. I was going to repost, but lost my train of thought. That happens to guys my age quite frequently.