Pipe Smoker Forum - Bob Loblaw - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Bob Loblaw

1. Environmentalism and geoengineering

The amazing contradiction of the environmentalist is that in one breath he'll tell us that we must all submit to the greater importance of Nature, and in the next will pretend that we are equipped to govern nature's course, as though we are gods.

The call for 'necessary' action (a political commitment, which shocks me) is awfully reminiscent of the call to implement income taxes. Similarly advanced as a 'bandage' solution, it was meant to be temporary and limited in scope. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Smoking ban encroaches on rights - Carter Lyles

There is something very unsettling in the way modern society is beginning to parallel the fictional worlds presented by writers such as Orwell, Huxley and Rand. From the disturbing similarities between contemporary texting language and Orwell’s Newspeak to the health care battles that still continue to rage in Congress, it is undeniable that, at some point in the last 50 years, the line between fact and fiction began to blur.

These novelists’ prophetic visions continue to frighten ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rec League Hockey Players

If you play hockey, you will know some of these types!

There are thousands of team managers across Canada who will spend the long weekend making personnel decisions in time for the October dawn of a new season. As with any successful organization, you need the right mix, and that means drafting from the following beer-league player categories:
    Who is who?

The Ringer - Some teams wait until the playoffs to unveil this option. Others go with it right from the ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Panty-wearing man-*****es

Panty-wearing man-*****es. You know the type.

No, I’m not talking about gay men or the gay lifestyles. I have no issue with them. I REPEAT: NO ISSUE WITH HOMOSEXUALITY WHATSOEVER. So, put away the hatemail stationary and listen.

No, my issue today is with those men who, either by a complete lack of testicular fortitude or sheer laziness have become completely cowed by the women in their lives, be they wives, girlfriends, mothers, sisters, or even co-workers.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Smokers Etiquette

Unknown Author, but I liked it so much I had to 'steal' it.

This is the first official edition of Smoker Law. It is a collection of rules to help guide smokers in their interactions with fellow smokers and those who do not partake in the leaf. It is our sincere hope that these rules will lead to a fuller enjoyment of all forms of tobacco. This list is not final, and further editions will be released as more laws are accumulated. Suggested additions may be submitted in the comments ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast