+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: OK, how about the worse Aro you ever smoked

I haven't had any bad experiences with aros.
    (By avoiding them altogether.)

The worst aero was Chelsea Mourning (see what I did there?)
    "Don't half-ass two things; whole-ass one thing" - Ron Swanson

I've never smoked Mixture 79 until my wife bought me a tub this past Christmas. Reading all the bad reviews around the forums and at TR I was hesitant to try it, but being the grateful husband I lit up a cob on Christmas morning and to my surprize it wasn't half bad. That delighted my wife of course. It does remind me of Grandma's perfume and my children said the room note reminded them of their grandmother's laundry room. With that said, I guess you could say that for me it has a nostalgic value. It's not for everyone of course, but it's been around for a long time so there must be a following. Not an everyday smoke for me and it will take me a long time to finish the tub, but it's not something I'll be reordering. Word of caution for those who want to try it, smoke it in a cob dedicated to M79 like I do. I smoked it also in a no name churchwarden and I had to smoke about 10 bowls of 5 Brothers afterwards to get the ghost out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Mackessy View Post
    I've never smoked Mixture 79 until my wife bought me a tub this past Christmas. Reading all the bad reviews around the forums and at TR I was hesitant to try it, but being the grateful husband I lit up a cob on Christmas morning and to my surprize it wasn't half bad. That delighted my wife of course. It does remind me of Grandma's perfume and my children said the room note reminded them of their grandmother's laundry room. With that said, I guess you could say that for me it has a nostalgic value. It's not for everyone of course, but it's been around for a long time so there must be a following. Not an everyday smoke for me and it will take me a long time to finish the tub, but it's not something I'll be reordering. Word of caution for those who want to try it, smoke it in a cob dedicated to M79 like I do. I smoked it also in a no name churchwarden and I had to smoke about 10 bowls of 5 Brothers afterwards to get the ghost out.
    I would be happy nto take the 79 off your hands for you. If I had the money, I would buy every flake from you!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchking2282 View Post
    I would be happy nto take the 79 off your hands for you. If I had the money, I would buy every flake from you!
    For one thing Dutch, if I wanted to get rid of the Mixture 79 I would give it to you, not sell it to you. And the second thing is that if I got rid of the Mixture 79 I would have to answer to the wife because she gave it to me as a Christmas gift. I'll smoke all of it, it's just that it will take me some time because it's not a daily smoke. Got to keep the wife happy, Lord knows she complains all the time about me buying tobacco and pipes. If I got rid of the 79 there would be hell to pay.

I understand. Still, if I had the funds, I would buy every bit of that ever made and celler it. I had a sample once and now I want it again. It's like cocaine! Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchking2282 View Post
    I understand. Still, if I had the funds, I would buy every bit of that ever made and celler it. I had a sample once and now I want it again. It's like cocaine! Enjoy it.
    I'm not sure about M79, but remember that high aros normally do not age well, so, celering M79 might be a mistake.
    just another pipe hacker

Then I will buy the worlds supply and smoke it in the worlds largest pipe! Sorry, I loved it that much!

Default Any cherry aromatic

Not much of a fan of aromatics BUT I detest the cherry flavored as this was the first baccy I tried when I first picked up a pipe.
    The tongue bite is still my most vivid memory.
    hoo-boy
    Last edited by hoo-boy; 09-24-2015 at 08:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6