+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Home made snuff

Blog Entries

Default Home made snuff

Thought I'd give it a try.

Took about 3 grams of SG XXX rope, and let it air dry for about a month. Broke it up the best I could and used a mortar and pestle and ground it up as I was watching a movie. Just kept on grinding and grinding until there was nothing but dust. When that was done, I ran the powder through cheesecloth to separate any larger grains if there were any.

Well, it has worked out really well. If you think it's strong smoking it, wait until you try sniffing it. Great aroma, great taste, and a heck of a good kick. Glad I started with just a bit though, as I am not an avid user of snuff and this should last me quite a while. I'm drying out Balkan Saseini right now to give that one a shot.

For the snuff users, I'd recommend giving it a shot.
    John

Bob Loblaw or Blah, blah, blah

Interesting experiment, glad it didnt go to waste in the end !
    "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another" John 13:35

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Thought I'd give it a try.

Took about 3 grams of SG XXX rope, and let it air dry for about a month. Broke it up the best I could and used a mortar and pestle and ground it up as I was watching a movie. Just kept on grinding and grinding until there was nothing but dust. When that was done, I ran the powder through cheesecloth to separate any larger grains if there were any.

Well, it has worked out really well. If you think it's strong smoking it, wait until you try sniffing it. Great aroma, great taste, and a heck of a good kick. Glad I started with just a bit though, as I am not an avid user of snuff and this should last me quite a while. I'm drying out Balkan Saseini right now to give that one a shot.

For the snuff users, I'd recommend giving it a shot.
    Just wondering if the Balkan Saseini turned out well. I've often thought of making my own snuff. Any input would be welcome.
    Life's short...
    Smoke hard.

Blog Entries

Have not done the balkan yet, I'm giving it a good LONG time to dry out. Probably get around to it in a couple of weeks.
    John

Think you could speed up the drying process by using a food dehydrator?
    -Del

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Blog Entries

I'm sure that would be a viable option, but really I have been in no rush to make more as I only sniff a couple of times a week at most. I'll probably get around to it this weekend as it is now dry as dust.
    John

+ Reply to Thread