+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Preservatives Pipe Tobacco?

Default No Preservatives Pipe Tobacco?

I had an inquiry from someone who is looking to find an online dealer in pipe tobaccos that is "natural", which I assume to mean contains no preservatives. Anyone know of such a vendor?

Thanks in advance!
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (John Wayne, as J.B. Books in The Shootist 1976)

I believe C&D uses only distilled water on their non-aromatic blends, at least this is what I heard.

Blog Entries

C&D has this one.

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend_...PHA=O&TID=3029

Never tried it myself.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

I've learned since posting this, that C&D Organic Pipe Dreams was apparently withdrawn from the market, due to molding problems.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (John Wayne, as J.B. Books in The Shootist 1976)

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I've learned since posting this, that C&D Organic Pipe Dreams was apparently withdrawn from the market, due to molding problems.
    This has been the biggest hurdle for me in processing my own pipe tobacco. Some type of anti-microbial, like PG, seems to be needed to prevent mold growth once the baccy is brought into proper smoking order (case). Of course it might help if I bought a moisture content meter, but I'm a really cheap bastid.

I've been able to successfully brick press my harvest, but once I shred or ribbon cut it and try to store it I have mold show up. I'm still experimenting, maybe I'll hit on something with this years harvest.
    "Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
    ~George Washington

Yup, went looking for Organic Pipe Dreams and couldn't find it.
    peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.
    It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Does not Mr Pease say that Union Square is all natural?

I've heard a lot of talk about organic blends coming to the market, but the only ones I know of personally are roll your own cigarette blends that are certified organic. You may find some blends sold as "natural" that may be organic, without being "certified organic".
    From what I understand, the steps to be certified are huge. Things like, no non organic crops grown on a field for X number of years, no chemical pesticides or fertilizers used within a certain distance etc.
    Its pretty tough (and expensive) to be certified organic, I imagine thats been the demise of all the organic tobacco hopes.
    Also, now that I think of it, I heard that most of the companies planning to introduce organic blends were going through American Spirit tobacco as a supplier, so I suppose it makes sense if AS couldn't provide the tobacco, all of the manufacturers proposed blends would be affected.
    "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another" John 13:35

I should think there would be a market. I would most definitely be interested in trying some.
    peace: It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work.
    It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

+ Reply to Thread