+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Falcon, the perfect pipe for Aros?

Default Falcon, the perfect pipe for Aros?

As my tastes change I have come to prefer Enlgish blends like Peterson's Old Dublin, Squadron Leader above all else. However, I smoke my fair share of VA and VAPer and I am recently starting to develop a taste for Burleys. I have also recently developed a taste for certain aromatics...I know...I'm sorry, but I have.

I know that most Aros have a reputation for smoking wet and goopy because of the heavy casing. Yesterday as I was dealing with the aftermath of Irene I found myself in the basement with my falcon and some 1Q and I have to say it seems like this pipe was designed for this very purpose. As the pipe got a little wet I just unscrewed the bowl, wiped it out with a paper towel and screwed in right back in. Can't get much easier than that. I also found that doing this allowed the pipe to smoke much cooler than it would otherwise.

Falcons can handle pretty much any tobacco. I always smoke aromatics in a meer lined Falcon Classic Hyperbole and corn cobs. I prefer the cobs for aromatics though. Don't ask me why, the aromatics just taste better in cobs for some reason.

Falcons can handle pretty much any tobacco.

Ray is definately right there! I dont smoke aromatics, but am sure they would do fine in any Falcon, as noted, since the bowl cup traps a lot of the moisture out of any blend.
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (John Wayne, as J.B. Books in The Shootist 1976)

Up until now I have always smoked the few aromatics that I have in my cob. I decided to give the Falcon a try because I couldn't quite get the taste of whatever the previous owner smoked out of it. And I'm happy I did. I'm thinking about getting a couple of the bigger bowls and featuring the Falcon more prominently in my rotation.

+ Reply to Thread