+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My New Ride!

Blog Entries

Default My New Ride!

I haven't ridden a bike (Motorized) in at least 20 years. I gave them up when I started the family.

Fast forward about 25 years and I'm now riding again.

I picked up this Chinese made (Honda knockoff engine) liquid cooled 250cc scooter.

Been working on it a while getting the charging system working and the fuel system working better. I finally have it going and have put a couple hundred miles on it. Haven't checked the mileage yet, but figure somewhere between 50-70mpg.

I took it to the river today, about 50 miles round trip or so and had a good time on the curvy ozark roads. I also took a swim and sat there and smoked a couple bowls of Bohemian Scandal.

Only problem I've had with it is the exhaust. I've had to reweld it a couple times now and now I'm looking for a replacement exhaust system for it.

Pretty neat little bike Steve! Anymore I think I would need something with training wheels.
    Ed.

Blog Entries

Ed, they make them in a trike version, but the cost goes up a bit.

I checked the mileage today and I'm getting just a bit over 60mpg. Now I just need to mount my flyrod tube and then I can ride it down to go fishing. I have three spring fed rivers within an hour or so of the house and two are regularly stocked with trout.

So I'll be having some fun the rest of the summer..... Bar no problems with the scooter.

Congrats man. When I was in Albany I worked with a guy who would to commute up and down the NYS Throughway on a scooter. I don't care what you say 80 mph on three lanes of interstate highway on one of those is proof positive of some high grade brass balls.

Congratulations Steve! Pretty nice looking water in the background there too. Any trout in it?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (John Wayne, as J.B. Books in The Shootist 1976)

Blog Entries

Congrats, looks like a nice ride. I've been thinking about getting one for a while too.
    John

Bob Loblaw or Blah, blah, blah

Nice ride...congrats!
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

+ Reply to Thread