+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Longchamp Pipes

Question Longchamp Pipes

I won 5 Longchamp pipes contained in a Longchamp case and the pipes are in mint condition. The larger billard has never been smoked. My question is, all the pipes have what I can only describe as screw looking stingers. Has Longchamp always put stingers in their pipes? I know that Longchamp discontinued selling pipes in the late 70's. My first Longchamp pipe, which I purchased in 1983 didn't have a stinger, to the best of my knowledge. The seller couldn't offer any info as to the age of the pipes and I'm just wondering if anyone has any information regarding age?

Here's pics of the Longchamp pipes and display case I won off Ebay this week:

Attachment 74
    Last edited by Ray Mackessy; 08-08-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Ray,your photo won't come up. Says it's an invalid link.

Every longchamp which I have owned has had the hooked-on-the-end condensors, so I would think that it may have been a standard issued item. Other than the leather covering, which I always considered silly but non-interfering w/ the smoke, I still contend that the French pipes are a decent value, especially the Gefapip and the Jeantet. Longchamp would certainly fit in that group.

Quote Originally Posted by ozark southpaw View Post
    Same here Ray.

There is an old, old myth about Longchamps being poor briars, shot full of fills and covered in leather to hide that. Several years ago, I found one on Ebay with the leather removed. It is perfect, nice flame grain briar, without a single fill. So much for that myth..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (John Wayne, as J.B. Books in The Shootist 1976)

Quote Originally Posted by ozark southpaw View Post
    I can't understand why my pics never work out. I download them from my computer and the preview seems to work and even after submitting the post but later on the pics just won't show up. You got me. I added the pics to my Photo Album, so you can view them there.
    Last edited by Ray Mackessy; 08-08-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Same here Ray.

There is an old, old myth about Longchamps being poor briars, shot full of fills and covered in leather to hide that. Several years ago, I found one on Ebay with the leather removed. It is perfect, nice flame grain briar, without a single fill. So much for that myth..
    My first pipe ever was a Longchamp and it smoked great, but alas I lost it back in 1985. Billiard gifted me a Longchamp billiard back in June and that smokes great also. I've only smoked three out of my recent purchase of 5 and so far they are great smokers. The large billiard, which is unsmoked, I'm babying with just 1/3 bowls for the next 5 or so bowls so it will build a good bottom cake. Actually the large billiard is the first pipe I've ever had that didn't have a coating inside the bowl. It will be a slow learning process for me breaking it in. As I said in a previous post, the pipes can be seen in my Photo Album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Mackessy View Post
    I can't understand why my pics never work out. I download them from my computer and the preview seems to work and even after submitting the post but later on the pics just won't show up. You got me. I added the pics to my Photo Album, so you can view them there.
    Okay Ray, so how do I find that?
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." (John Wayne, as J.B. Books in The Shootist 1976)

Blog Entries

Sure is a fine looking 7 day set there Ray, a nice win for sure.
    The first and last thing which is required of genius is the love of truth

LARRY

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    Okay Ray, so how do I find that?
    Click on "Community", then click on Pictures & Albums. Once there click on "Ebay Win".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast